[Scons-dev] Documentation in EPUB-format

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Oct 13 18:22:27 EDT 2013

Andrew,

On 13.10.2013 20:50, Andrew Featherstone wrote:

> [...]

> Dirk: I've pushed what I've got so far to

> https://bitbucket.org/ajf58/scons_docbook/branch/epub . I've run a

> basic Docbook through it and generated an EPUB file that passes the

> validation test here http://validator.idpf.org/ . In it's current form

> there's a bug in that the files added to the OEBPS directory aren't

> re-added when the source files are changed. Is it possible for the

> action functions passed to a Command builder to modify target and

> source lists?

this is more the task of an Emitter. If you want to do things properly,
you'll have to define an additional set of builders for xsltproc, lxml
and libxml2. You can then add your specialized Emitter to the
constructors of the single Builders and replace the call of
__select_builder() with something like:

__builder = __select_builder(__lxml_builder_epub,
__libxml2_builder_epub, __xsltproc_builder_epub)

.

> Bill: I can raise an issue there if you think that's sensible. A quick

> glance at http://scons.tigris.org/ shows a large number of open

> tickets. Is this because issues are tracked elsewhere?

> https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons itself seems to be active, and

> indeed shows some work using Ghostscript to create EPUB files.

We currently have the situation that our repository is on bitbucket,
while the bug database is still managed by Tigris...as long as we don't
have decided where we want to migrate to.

Regards,