[Scons-dev] Using SCons via bootstrap.py

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Wed May 22 15:10:37 EDT 2013

Hi,

I started to fix bootstrap.py, such that the parseManifestLines()
doesn't need os.chdir() anymore. After the rewrite, the local call
"python bootstrap.py" works fine again...so far, so good.
But I'm not able to figure out how to call it from a different folder.

I even switched back to revision "018709cfd9f4" (merge of pull request
#66, +1), but when I call

python /home/dirk/workspace/scons_dirkbaechle/bootstrap.py

from "/home/dirk/tmp/boottest", all I get is:

dirk at ubuntu:~/tmp/boottest$ python
/home/dirk/workspace/scons_dirkbaechle/bootstrap.py
/usr/bin/python
/home/dirk/workspace/scons_dirkbaechle/bootstrap/src/script/scons.py

scons: *** No SConstruct file found.
File
"/home/dirk/workspace/scons_dirkbaechle/bootstrap/src/engine/SCons/Script/Main.py",
line 905, in _main
dirk at ubuntu:~/tmp/boottest$

Any pointers about what I'm doing wrong are welcome. I checked the
README.rst, but couldn't find any advice about what paths or env vars to
set additionally. Or do I need special arguments on the command line?

Thanks a lot in advance,