[Scons-dev] Using SCons via bootstrap.py

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sat May 18 03:48:39 EDT 2013

On 18.05.2013 08:09, Russel Winder wrote:

> On Sat, 2013-05-18 at 00:57 +0200, Dirk Bächle wrote:

>> Hi Russel,

> […]

>> the bootstrap.py works fine for me, I guess because I have a

>> "src/engine" folder. Where did yours go? ;)

> Still exactly where it has always been, in the repository:

> |> python /home/users/russel/Repositories/Mercurial/Masters/SCons_D_Tooling/bootstrap.py

> Traceback (most recent call last):

But it still works if you start the "bootstrap.py" from the top-level
folder ("SCons_D_Tooling" in your case), right?

For the doc toolchain changes I also added some basic support for
wildcards in the Manifest files, and I use os.chdir inside...this
obviously breaks "bootstrap.py" when calling it from another path. I
wasn't aware that this functionality was ever supported and had assumed
that the whole bootstrapping process would have several hardcoded paths
and stuff anyway. Sorry about that...

I'll have a look and see if I can improve things, or if we have to
switch back to the old handling of Manifest files.

Regards,