[Scons-dev] Using SCons via bootstrap.py

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Fri May 17 13:13:40 EDT 2013

Is anyone else finding that the bootstrap.py script no longer works? It
worked for me before I went away for a short break and now after
updating Debian Unstable, it is failing. I get the same behaviour with
Python 2.6, 2.7 and PyPy 2.0.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/users/russel/Repositories/Mercurial/Masters/SCons_D_Tooling/bootstrap.py", line 233, in <module>
main()
File "/home/users/russel/Repositories/Mercurial/Masters/SCons_D_Tooling/bootstrap.py", line 204, in main
for x in parseManifestLines(src_engine, open(MANIFEST_in).readlines())]
File "/home/users/russel/Repositories/Mercurial/Masters/SCons_D_Tooling/bootstrap.py", line 85, in parseManifestLines
os.chdir(basedir)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'src/engine'

Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
41 Buckmaster Road m: +44 7770 465 077 xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk
London SW11 1EN, UK w: www.russel.org.uk skype: russel_winder