[Scons-dev] New SCons doc toolchain...

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Sun May 12 02:02:57 EDT 2013

On Sat, 11 May 2013 19:32:43 -0500
"Mark A. Flacy" <mflacy at verizon.net> wrote:

> Well, if you never intend to treat your documents as data, then I

> could see why you would think that. Or if you don't ever want to

> decouple presentation from content.

The point is that I believe reST provides enough semantic to handle technical
manual as SCons user guide and it's at the same time easy-enough to grasp for
potential contributor, while Docbook is, imho, definitely an overkill in this
use-case.

The 'data' in the manual are meant to be *read* and not processed. :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One is understood to be in full knowledge whose every endeavor
is devoid of desire for sense gratification. He is said by sages