[Scons-dev] New SCons doc toolchain...

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Wed May 1 14:54:07 EDT 2013

On 29.04.2013 21:51, William Deegan wrote:

> All,

> I see the following when running bootstrap.py

> [...]

> Also I had to install the following (on ubuntu 10.04)

> sudo apt-get install python-libxml2

> python-libxslt1 python-epydoc fop python2.6-dev

> Note that without the proper tools installed the build failed

> complaining about scons.1 missing.

> Would it be possible to allow bootstrap.py to complete skipping the

> parts which won't build due to missing tools?

Okay,

I pushed a new revision. Creating all the doc outputs is happening in
the build directory now. I also updated scons_dev_master.py and added a
check for lxml/libxml2 to the SConscript for the "doc" folder. It skips
the documentation step if neither of the required packages can be found.
Please update and check, if you find the time.

Meanwhile, I'll prepare the actual pull request.