[Scons-dev] Testing non-core tools

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sat Jul 27 07:30:43 EDT 2013

Russel,

On 27.07.2013 13:00, Russel Winder wrote:

> […]

> Does this help?

> Yes, but… is this the right paradigm to get people writing tests for

> non-core tools to use? I can become happy with "yes", but I just wonder

> if there is an easier way.

I think this would require a definition of what exactly entails the term
"right paradigm". Also, calling for an "easier way" instinctively makes
me ask: "For the users, or the developers?".

As long as there is a way to run tests for out-of-core Tools, and it's
documented and reproducible for the user, it feels "right" to me.

If you can think of a more advanced setup, or would like to talk about
what exactly is annoying you, let's discuss it.

Regards,