[Scons-dev] Web site checkout is 650Mb

Antonio Cavallo a.cavallo at cavallinux.eu
Sat Jul 20 07:27:49 EDT 2013

Nope, using a version control on binary files is not wrong: in the gaming industry these are called "assets" and studios do this all the time.

You could put the docs into a gigantic gz file and extract as part of the doc building process on the fly: that's what I do with doc (mine is +250Mb thanks to MathAjax).

I hope this helps