[Scons-dev] how should a scanner be incorporated into a custom tool

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Thu Jul 18 14:46:24 EDT 2013

Hi Ram,

On 18.07.2013 20:12, Ram Bhamidipaty wrote:

> Hi,

> I've followed the instructions in the "ToolsForFools" wiki page - it

> helped a lot and I have several tools that are mostly working.

> Unfortunately include file tracking is not working.

> My source files are C-like - in that they have include lines. What

> kinds of choices do I have for adding scanning to my tool?

so far, there is no info about adding scanners in the ToolsForFools
guide. You should have a look at the MAN page instead, in its
"Defining Your Own Scanner Object" section you'll find several examples.

Hope this helps you a little further.

If you then have any follow-up questions, just ask...if possible on the
user ML. You'll reach a larger audience, meaning that you can get more
answers in shorter time. ;)