[Scons-dev] Unicode support in print_tree / render_tree

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Jul 14 07:16:57 EDT 2013

Remko,

thanks a lot for the link, I had a short look at your patch.
For our current plans of switching from Python 2.x to 3.x, the code
changes themselves might not be that helpful right now, because we still
don't know how exactly our Unicode support will look like internally.

But what's important is that we don't forget about this Value issue that
you detected.
So it would help us a lot if you could create a simple testcase for
this, which breaks with the current code but should run successfully in
the end. A single SConstruct is fine, a full testcase according to
"QMTest/test-framework.rst" is better. ;)

When rewriting the core sources towards 3.x we could then use this test
(and others that probably follow) to ensure that things work as expected.

My plan is to open a Wiki page for the whole Unicode conversion, which
would then contain a link to your issue #2910. So if you attach your
testcase there, it won't get forgotten.

Regards,

Dirk