[Scons-dev] SCons downloads are way up!

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 08:34:53 EST 2013

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 9:41 PM, Gary Oberbrunner <garyo at oberbrunner.com> wrote:

> Check this out:https://soundcloud.com/lukasmooth/

> https://sourceforge.net/projects/scons/files/scons/stats/timeline?dates=2012-01-01+to+2013-12-11

> Since September of this year our downloads are _way_ up. Over 50k/month in

> November! What happened? Some big project is now using SCons perhaps?

Blender? =)

Actually, I am thinking about looking closer at Blender's usage of SCons.
Over the years they've accumulated a lot of practices that could be iterated
over and put back to SCons to make User eXperience more familiar for new
generation.

I can think of two issue I'd like to see resolved as a result of SCons + Blender
collaboration:

1. visualization of SCons internal process
1.1 masterplan graph (DAG of TaskMaster)
1.2 real-time masterplan progress

2. plugin / tool system
2.1 list all bad/confusing points about current Blender toolchain
2.2 see how this could be improved
2.3 r and d

--
anatoly t.