[Scons-dev] New SCons doc toolchain...

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Sun Apr 21 17:38:17 EDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,

> On 26.03.2013 00:50, Dirk Bächle wrote:

>> Hi developers,

>> over the last weeks, I collected together all the work I'd done so far on

>> the rewrite of the documentation toolchain in SCons. It has now reached a

>> state where I think it's ready to get a little more public, so I pushed the

>> current code to my private work repository.

>> If you'd like to have a look at it, you can get a copy of the branch with

>> something like:

>> hg clone https://dirkbaechle@bitbucket.**org/dirkbaechle/scons_**

>> experimental<https://dirkbaechle@bitbucket.org/dirkbaechle/scons_experimental>-r new_doc_toolchain scons_doc_toolchain

>> Yes, I use named branches to organize my work...and no, I don't intend to

>> create a pull request for the official SCons repo from here. ;)

> just a short update on this: I have successfully linked the new doc

> toolchain to the install/packaging process, as started via bootstrap.py.

> All files and packages seem to be there, but it would be good if someone

> from the ReleaseTeam could have a closer look at it (Bill?).

Hi, Dirk!

I just cloned this on my Linux box (Ubuntu 11.10 - also tried 12.04), but
running scons bootstrap.py gives errors:

scons: *** [design.xml] XMLSyntaxError : Specification mandate value for
attribute object, line 1, column 31

(repeats a few times). This prevents it from building doc/man/scons.1.

I'm on the new_doc_toolchain branch, 6822ec. Do I perhaps have an
out-of-date dependency or something?