[Scons-dev] debugging signatures

TOM TANNER (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) ttanner2 at bloomberg.net
Wed Sep 19 13:00:09 EDT 2012

Due to not really paying attention when I was developing some of my scripts, I have some command lines that contain names with sort-of-absolute paths. That is to say its /dev/git/<username>/<projectname>/scripts/somescript

Unsurprisiingly, this causes the build not to use the cached version from /dev/git/<someelses>/<project>/scripts/somescript

So I can see how I can fix this by using ${ scriptname $} and making sure scriptname is referenced as a dependency.

However, how can I find out how many places I've done this in? In particular, is there some why of printing the contents of an action when you're calculating the signature, so I can scan for ones that have /dev/git in them?

Thanks