[Scons-dev] File-based build tools will never handle Java

Kenny, Jason L jason.l.kenny at intel.com
Thu Sep 6 17:04:22 EDT 2012

I would add it general a PITA to make a new node type in SCons <period> ( given we are adding a SymbolicFileNode in the Parts 0.10.2 drop)

The issue with fixing the node class is that it is the Bones of SCons.. "fixing" effects a lot of code that currently is to strongly coupled. It is fixable, but I think this needs a little time, and design work.

Jason