[Scons-dev] Mercurial and the current SCons workflow are incompatible?

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Wed Oct 17 21:17:21 EDT 2012

I think I know how to do option 3 now (move tip to old good commit, close
branch on bad commit, and keep going from old good commit). I followed
Martin's example. Check out my test repo at
https://bitbucket.org/garyo/scons/changesets where I did option 3.

Here's what I did:
432 hg up -r f461304 * (this is the last good commit on default before
the merge)*
433 vi src/CHANGES.txt
434 hg commit -m'Innocuous change to create new tip rev on default
branch.'
435 hg up -r 8764000* (this is the current head)*
436 hg heads
437 hg commit --close-branch -m'Closed (premature merge); please
continue from 4c89eb9bb854.'
438 hg push https://garyo@bitbucket.org/garyo/scons

I then re-merged Rob M's biber fix and that seemed to go fine.

I will do this officially in the main scons repo tomorrow, and then we
should be good to go.