[Scons-dev] How to get variables passed to Env(variables = whatever)?

Left Right olegsivokon at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 14:53:38 EDT 2012

> With Variables you can control logic for example on how to deal with unknown values

> Jason

OK... well, my question was how to control it? Right now it does the
opposite of what I need. How to make it do what I need?
I.e. I want to allow FLEX_HOME to be set in this way (this is a
directory name, so the way variables have special function for
directories looks appealing)

> If all you're looking to do is have foo in the shell environment of the commands you run

> -Bill

No. This variable is most likely not set in the shell environment,
when the build script is called. It is very likely that users will
have to set it.

> then you don't need to use Variables at all

Fair enough... but I thought it's a suggested way of doing it.

> If you want to pass foo on the scons command line and have

Not sure. I want to pass it to my function, that will do something
based on that variable (in this particular case, it will try to find a
bunch of programs, configuration files etc.)

Best.

Oleg