[Scons-dev] max drift * issue 2001

Kenny, Jason L jason.l.kenny at intel.com
Tue Oct 2 12:09:03 EDT 2012

I believe this is a misnomer.

What it is claim is that the build started 25% early, not that it was 25% faster. This only means that we falsely built more stuff, by making it out of data when using a time-stamp only method for an update check. I found that this logic did not help anything built really go faster. It only meant I build a lot more, depending on what changed. I found that other methods gave factor of ten or more build time speedup, and did not require build items that are up to date.

However the reason why this did not go in, probably was that it did not get added when we had SVN only. If you feel that this helps you out that much and you get the speed gains you like with it.. you should resubmit this as a push request.

Jason