[Scons-dev] Subst API...

Kenny, Jason L jason.l.kenny at intel.com
Mon Oct 1 17:10:22 EDT 2012

No they don't pass,

Sort of why I was asking as I having difficulty understanding what is going on ( so I not sure what broke). There seems to be some odd logic here in that we do a test like:

If prefix[:-1] == " ":
result.append(prefix[:-1])

I ask myself so why do we do with "foo " ( ie two spaces)

I guess I need to study this better.

Then there is the case of node pass through.. which makes me wonder why this is here as we don't add anything, which seems to be the point of having this called. More so I would wonder why it is for file nodes, not any other type of node. Ie value and directory nodes would be turned in to a string, while a file node would continue and be turned in to the string but the calling subst() call. This seems a little special cased.

Jason