[Scons-dev] SConstruct processing order

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Mon Nov 26 13:19:59 EST 2012

There was a discussion of this a year or two ago. Steven and I worked out
a scheme, but the part we got stuck on is that tools modify the
environment. People expect, for instance, if they say
env.Append(CXXFLAGS='-xyz') that that will actually go at the end. Making
that work if the tool hasn't set up its default CXXFLAGS yet seems very
difficult.