[Scons-dev] Issue 2869 - Versioned shared libraries

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Nov 7 12:35:50 EST 2012

Rob,

Just to note. I merged your Soname fork into my D Tooling fork and no
problems. So I tried to clean my directory and got:

|> scons -c .

/usr/bin/python /home/users/russel/Repositories/Mercurial/Masters/SCons_D_Tooling_SOName/bootstrap/src/script/scons.py -c .
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
SHLIBVERSION '' does not match the version # '2.1.2' in the filename, proceeding based on file name
SHLIBVERSION '' does not match the version # '2.1.2' in the filename, proceeding based on file name
SHLIBVERSION '' does not match the version # '2.1.2' in the filename, proceeding based on file name
SHLIBVERSION '' does not match the version # '2.1.2' in the filename, proceeding based on file name

scons: *** Multiple ways to build the same target were specified for: /usr/local/lib/libaeryn_core.so
File "/home/users/russel/tmp/Aeryn_Trunk/SConstruct", line 102, in commandsForLibraryLinks

But note the printed out line is not the command actually given!

|> /usr/bin/python /home/users/russel/Repositories/Mercurial/Masters/SCons_D_Tooling_SOName/bootstrap/src/script/scons.py -c .

scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Cleaning targets ...
scons: done cleaning targets.

I'll play with the SConstruct and SHLIBVERSION as suggested earlier.

Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
41 Buckmaster Road m: +44 7770 465 077 xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk
London SW11 1EN, UK w: www.russel.org.uk skype: russel_winder