[Scons-dev] Partial fix for mixed output with -j

TOM TANNER (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) ttanner2 at bloomberg.net
Fri Jun 22 12:29:50 EDT 2012

I've moved the stderr/stdout interception into Job.py because it's easiest to make it behave as currently for non-parallel builds.

However there's no way I can get hold of the environment at that point.

This basically means that the 'spawn' functions in posix.py have been replaced with wrappers round the 'pspawn' functions.

However, it now behaves unchanged for non-parallel builds and the resulting code looks a bit nicer.

I looked at the windows piped spawn/exec spawn. I don't have anything equivalent I can try on windows, but the change should be to do the same thing. What would be nice though is to save the copying from tempfile to the scons stdout but I don't know well enough how windows does redirections.

This page: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/redirection.mspx
sugggests that >> would work

I can put the diffs here next week if anyone is interested (I can't use bitbucket from work :-( )