[Scons-dev] SCons building with MS Visual C++10 on 64-bit Windows.

Edward d'Auvergne edward at nmr-relax.com
Fri Jun 15 12:05:27 EDT 2012

That's true, I didn't think about this warning becoming annoying.
This code path look like it is hit up to 10 times with the scons
initialisation, so you'd end up with 10 identical warning messages
anyway. So a warning is clearly not the best idea. As for the 64-bit
compiler, if its there along with the 32-bit compiler, the 64-bit
compiler should be used by default. I would assume that to be
reasonable. But if only one is present (either 64-bit or 32-bit),
then it's clearly better to default to the one present rather than to
not initialise the compiler environment and hence end up with neither.
If you have both installed and you want to compile differently, then
setting the TARGET_ARCH should be expected. Is there some scenario
where such logic fails?

Regards,

Edward