[Scons-dev] SCons building with MS Visual C++10 on 64-bit Windows.

Edward d'Auvergne edward at nmr-relax.com
Fri Jun 15 05:27:43 EDT 2012

Hi,

I've used the MSVS 2010 iso for installation (
http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/express-iso).
This has no such option - there is no package-tree. It has installed the
VC 9.0 runtime (x86) and I would like to compile 32-bit modules using
this. Is there another way to whack SCons on the head until it behaves,
other than typing something such as:

scons env="PATH:C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\VC\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\Common7\IDE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\Common7\IDE;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\Common7\Tools,INCLUDE:C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio 9.0\VC\include;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Include;C:\Program Files\Microsoft
SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Include,LIB:C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio 9.0\VC\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Lib;C:\Program Files\Microsoft
SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Lib"

I've set these up as environmental variables to try to help SCons along a
little, but no luck - it seems to be using registry keys instead of the
environment, but it seems to not be able to find what it wants. I can type
out the compilation commands by hand, but SCons really cannot handle this.
Is there an SCons developer who knows that this problem exists (as Google
shows that many SCons users are well aware of this)? Or will I be required
to hack the SCons msvc.py file myself?

Cheers,

Edward