[Scons-dev] 2.2.0 soon?

Paweł Tomulik ptomulik at meil.pw.edu.pl
Mon Jul 30 16:43:27 EDT 2012

Yes,

If someone wishes to look on it, but won't dive into sources or building
them,
then there are few pieces available in my downloads

https://bitbucket.org/ptomulik/scons/downloads

I put there complete documentation of my fork of scons

https://bitbucket.org/ptomulik/scons/downloads/scons-doc-2.1.0.alpha.20120618-ptomulik.tar.gz

api-docs for tool sources (well, perhaps not much usefull, but ... ):

https://bitbucket.org/ptomulik/scons/downloads/scons-tool-gettext-api-doc.tar.gz

and RPM package, for quick trial:

https://bitbucket.org/ptomulik/scons/downloads/scons-2.1.0.alpha.20120618-ptomulik-1.noarch.rpm

I think, for quick evaluation, one may start with user docs (especially
appendices containing
tools and construction variables, as they contain more examples), then
look at end-to-end
tests and run them if time allows.

W dniu 30.07.2012 22:01, Gary Oberbrunner pisze:

> Paweł is talking about this pull request:

> https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/pull-request/25/gettext-tool-integrated

> which allows SCons users to call gettext in their projects.

> Paweł, it just depends on my time to review. I know you've put a lot

> of time into it so I will do my best. (Other devs: can someone review

> pull request #25?)

> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Russel Winder <russel at winder.org.uk> wrote:

>> On Mon, 2012-07-30 at 14:11 +0200, Paweł Tomulik wrote:

>> […]

>>> will new SCons support project internationalization (gettext) ? :)

>> I suspect 2.2.0 will not, whether 2.3.0 does depends on whether people

>> submit a good pull request or patch. Marking up for gettext is a big job

>> and one that needs to be checked with every change to the source code.

>> Many projects have a dedicated team of "internationalizers" to cope with

>> this.

>> --

>> Russel.

>> Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net