[Scons-dev] 2.2.0 soon?

Paweł Tomulik ptomulik at meil.pw.edu.pl
Mon Jul 30 16:07:58 EDT 2012

W dniu 30.07.2012 21:56, Russel Winder pisze:

> On Mon, 2012-07-30 at 14:11 +0200, Paweł Tomulik wrote:

> […]

>> will new SCons support project internationalization (gettext) ? :)

> I suspect 2.2.0 will not, whether 2.3.0 does depends on whether people

> submit a good pull request or patch. Marking up for gettext is a big job

> and one that needs to be checked with every change to the source code.

> Many projects have a dedicated team of "internationalizers" to cope with

> this.

Well, I didn't mean internationalization of SCons, but rather SCons tools for
managing internationalization files (*.po, *.pot and so on) that may be part
of user projects (build with SCons). In this case, marking up for gettext is
job for SCons users, not developers.

On the other hand, eventual internationalization of SCons itself makes not
much sense to me :)

Actually my previous question should be treated as small provocation :)

The pull request is already at bitbucket (pull #25), and includes docs and tests.

Regards!

--
Pawel Tomulik