[Scons-dev] 2.2.0 soon?

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Sun Jul 29 10:42:00 EDT 2012

We have a lot of little goodies now since 2.1.0. I have a few more
little things I'd perhaps like to get in, like Intel v12 compiler
support for Mac and Linux (I have a patch at work), but I think it's
time. I've done a few test builds using the new release procedure I
proposed a few weeks ago and things seem basically OK. (I didn't
solve the win64 exe problem, but since that's not a regression I think
we should just add some text on the website saying to use the zip
method on win64.)

Anyone have additional things they'd like to get in? Anyone have any
issues that need to be addressed? Anyone think the new simplified
release procedure needs to be revised? (See my mail of July 15th.)

We could do a beta first, but since this is almost all bug fixes and
an accumulation of small things I think we should just push it out as
2.2.0 final.

If we can get the buildbot going again that would be an excellent
test. But I don't think we should hold a minor release for that. In
the meantime, please everyone download the latest default branch and
make sure it works in your production environments (to the extent you
can).

If there are no showstoppers, I'd like to aim for next weekend. I'll
do the builds and test runs and Bill, can you do the usual uploading
and announcing?

Comments?