[Scons-dev] Symlinks Node

Kenny, Jason L jason.l.kenny at intel.com
Wed Aug 22 13:59:43 EDT 2012

No,

There are two/three items we would need to suck in..

1) Would be some platform overrides for dealing with file handling on window... this allows us to create symlinks and hard links... this could is public already (http://parts.tigris.org/source/browse/*checkout*/parts/trunk/parts/parts/overrides/os_file.py?revision=448&content-type=text%2Fplain)

2) Some code we have in the parts/overrides/ node.py and symlink.py ( this code has not need check in yet on the open source side). The main thing I like about what we have here is that it looks like we are using SCons to get the SymbolicLink code, as we monkey patched the code into the SCons.Node.FS namespace.

There might be a tweak needed as well, as we are starting some node re-work, and this is handled by a new node manager. I think we use so of this code as it helps deal with issue we are trying to address with start up time, etc...

We tried to keep all the code in the parts/overrides which is the place where we monkey patch SCons in Parts to apply fixes, with the hope that it will make it easier to get these back into SCons later.

Once I have this public.. I will send a note for review

Jason