[Scons-dev] SCons as lib

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Sat Aug 18 09:02:15 EDT 2012

Hello,

here is the small exchange which I recently had with the author of
Bento in regard to SCons vs waf support in his tool:

<quote>
Hi Gour,

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 6:35 AM, Gour <gour at atmarama.net> wrote:

> Hello!

> After having some adventure hoping that tools within D community would

> evolve (mostly GUI bindings), we're back to Python world...hoping to

> use Python3 + Cython + (most probably) wxPython.

> Bento seems the nicest solution and considering we have a need to build

> some extension (using Cython) I'm curious about waf vs. scons support

> in Bento.

> Based on what I see, there is already support for waf, but I must say

> that SCons docs were more digestible to me, so I wonder if there is any

> plan to add SCons support in the nearby future or you are simply

> satisfied with waf and recommend it over SCons?

The main issue with scons is that it is not really usable as a library
(unless they massively improved the situation in the last one year or
two), and waf codebase is easier to follow.

While it should be possible to add support for scons, it won't be a
priority for me.

David
</quote>

which maybe might be interested for SCons devs...

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The senses, the mind and the intelligence are the sitting places
of this lust. Through them lust covers the real knowledge of the