[Scons-dev] Branching/cloning policy

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Thu Aug 9 13:39:34 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Russel Winder <russel at winder.org.uk> wrote:

> My worry with the single repository with default a mirror and a named

> branch is that in order to process any pull requests you have to accept

> the presence of the named branch in the mainline repository?

That is true. Mercurial branches are permanent and contagious. The
branch a commit was created on is recorded as part of that commit, so
anywhere that commit is merged to must contain that branch. For
feature branches, that could be seen as a good thing (an extra bit of
useful metadata). But it is worth remembering.