[Scons-dev] Branching/cloning policy

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Thu Aug 9 03:18:16 EDT 2012

Just wanting to get confirmation of the best way of working with the
SCons repository to aid with pull requests.

I had originally taken a clone and created a working branch on which to
make my changes leaving default as a mirror of SCons. This would mean
pull requests came from my long-lived branch. When pull requests were
accepted the idea was to pull to default merge in my long-lived branch
and then start new work on the same branch. Was this too Git-ish a bit
of thinking?

I guess the alternative is to just have a complete separate repository
as the D tool development one and to work only with its default, and to
worry how to work with anonymous heads to handle things.

What is come down to is which of
http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Workflows is
http://www.scons.org/wiki/SconsMercurialWorkflows recommending for
easiest use of BitBucket and pull requests such that reviews and
feedback do not cause development freezes and/or chaos.

Thanks.
Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
41 Buckmaster Road m: +44 7770 465 077 xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk
London SW11 1EN, UK w: www.russel.org.uk skype: russel_winder