[reportlab-users] Strange problem with an inline image in a Paragraph

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Jun 25 16:04:15 EDT 2020

On 25/06/2020 16:48, Lele Gaifax wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem with adding an inline image in a Paragraph(), using raw
> Frame(). My application builds a PDF document using a sequence of
> "rectangles", where each rectangle gets drawn by a particular function.
>
> A few days ago I started seeing something completely unexpected and
> inexplicable: I have tree such rectangles in a row, each containing a single
> image and some text, and one of them comes out with a double image!
>
> Here is an extremely cut down self-contained example script that exhibits the
> problem:
>
> Am I missing something, or doing something wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance for any hint,
> ciao, lele.

In the absence of the strange image I used the pythonpowered image from the reportlab tests folder. I find I am seeing
the 'ghost' image with the original sizes. However, if I change the width/height for both then I see two images only for
smaller images. I suspect there is some kind of attempt to wrap split etc etc.

Can you say what version you are using and have you changed recently. I find thet I am seeing problems when the image
height is too large. If you remember that the standard frame has padding of 6 then the maximum height will be 1cm - 12
ie about 16 so we are probably seeing the effect of some kind of overflow. I don't normally try to use paragraphs like
this with frames. I will try and take a look deeper to see exactly what causes the replicant.
--
Robin Becker