[reportlab-users] Multiple hyphenation issue

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Jun 3 12:54:33 EDT 2020

On 03/04/2020 19:47, Christoph Zwerschke wrote:

> If I can help in any way to get this feature implemented, let me know.
>
> -- Christoph

Hi Christoph, after some head banging I think I have managed to make the hypehenation / soft-hyphenation splitting work
for both single fragment and multiple fragment paragraphs.

I have made new packages 3.5.43 which can be found here

https://www.reportlab.com/pypi/simple/reportlab/

it would be great if you could check and see if it works for you. During the work I discovered a number of bugs related
to hyphenations in paragraphs which get split (for layout reasons). The reconstructed paragraphs were not as they should
be. One of the extreme cases occurs when a paragraph is split and the last word of paragraph 1 has been hyphenated.
splitting at such a point should be avoided, but our layout is too greedy to take that into consideration. In that case
the hyphen has to be left on the word.
--
Robin Becker