[reportlab-users] ReportLab Table Option

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Jan 10 02:45:52 EST 2018

On 10 January 2018 at 01:50, Bryan Arguello <bromero314 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The ReportLab users manual states that the Table method currently does not
> have a splitByColumn option. Are there any plans to have this option
> implemented anytime soon?

Regrettably not.   It would have to work alongside row and column
spanning (thus, cutting spanned cells in two horizontally) and many
other features we have already, and the sheer complexity of trying to
handle every possible layout case without breaking anything is
daunting - many man-months of work.

If you can describe what you want to do, there are many ways to
arrange things in your own Python code and produce a specific
solution, but the general case is vey difficult.

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson