[reportlab-users] Python 3.6.0 & reportlab

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Thu Dec 29 01:06:38 EST 2016

Tried to installed reportlab on Python 3.6.0...

pip install -i https://www.reportlab.com/pypi/simple/ reportlab

gave it my email and password

got the following response:

   HTTP error 403 while getting
https://www.reportlab.com/pypi/packages/reportlab-3.3.25-cp36-cp36m-win_amd64.whl
(from https://www.reportlab.com/pypi/simple/reportlab/)
   Could not install requirement reportlab from
https://www.reportlab.com/pypi/packages/reportlab-3.3.25-cp36-cp36m-win_amd64.whl
because of error 403 Client Error: FORBIDDEN for url:
https://www.reportlab.com/pypi/packages/reportlab-3.3.25-cp36-cp36m-win_amd64.whl/
Could not install requirement reportlab from
https://www.reportlab.com/pypi/packages/reportlab-3.3.25-cp36-cp36m-win_amd64.whl
because of HTTP error 403 Client Error: FORBIDDEN for url:
https://www.reportlab.com/pypi/packages/reportlab-3.3.25-cp36-cp36m-win_amd64.whl/
for URL
https://www.reportlab.com/pypi/packages/reportlab-3.3.25-cp36-cp36m-win_amd64.whl
(from https://www.reportlab.com/pypi/simple/reportlab/)

The email and password work to login to the web site, not sure why they
don't also work for pip. I'm sure they did last time I went through
this, but that has been a while, and a different version of Python.

Saw the below from Robin in python-list, which may mean it is not
available yet, but that shouldn't result in a FORBIDDEN error ?