[reportlab-users] Font Helvetica always used?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Sun Jun 14 16:54:45 EDT 2015

It's always declared as the default font when we make a new document -
the one that would be used if you just drew some text without changing
the font - but there is no font file embedded.   Helvetica, Courier
and Times-Roman are always available on any Postscript printer or PDF
reader, so they don't need embedding.   There is nothing to get rid
of, and no significant file size consumed by it.

Hope this helps,

Andy Robinson