[reportlab-users] ReportLab 2.7 release schedule and final tests

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Mon Apr 1 11:07:17 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

A few days ago I indicated that we were aiming for a release at around
Easter. As you may reasonably infer, we didn't finish our testing before
the weekend.

It took quite a while fiddling around with our process for the Windows
builds, as the C compilers needed for older versions of Python are no
longer downloadable. We got there in the end but need to run through a
few more test scenarios tomorrow; and also to spend a couple of days making
100% sure that the instructions on the new bitbucket sites, our own web
site and the manuals are correct. So expect a release later this week.

If anyone has an hour or two to help out, I would be most grateful for
'test installations' of the files named 'reportlab-daily*' here:
http://www.reportlab.com/ftp/

We are testing internally with Python 2.5.x, 2.6.x and 2.7.x on
(a) Mac OS Mountain Lion
(b) Win32
(c) Win64
(d) Ubuntu 12.04

I have no reason to expect problems, but I would particularly welcome some
runs of the installer on any other platforms....

Best Regards,

Andy Robinson, ReportLab

p.s. I am very much looking forward to only having Python 2.7/3.3 to worry
about ;-)