[reportlab-users] horizscale and para

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Jan 5 08:53:46 EST 2012

On 05/01/2012 13:36, Martin Weissenboeck wrote:

>> From the manual, chapter 2.12:

> Horizontal Scaling

> textobject.setHorizScale(horizScale)

> Lines of text can be stretched or shrunken horizontally by the

> setHorizScale method.

> The horizontal scaling parameter horizScale is given in percentages (with

> 100 as the default), so the 80

> setting shown below looks skinny.

OK so the intent is to expand/contract the letter spacing. I guess that would
affect all of the width calculations so it might be a fairly large change.
Presumably we would need to compute all string widths and multiply by the
appropriate factor except where the object is fixed width eg images etc etc.
--
Robin Becker