[reportlab-users] Background colour for part of a frame ?

Richard Shea rshea at thecubagroup.com
Thu Dec 20 21:53:58 EST 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012, at 12:26 AM, Richard Shea wrote:

> Hi - I have a frame into which I load a set of flowables. I want part of

> this frame to have a background colour (other than white).

This is not an entire solution to my original question but in
researching this I came across an extension to the Frame class written
by Denis Krienbuhl which allows a background colour to be set to the
frame: http://blog.stacktrace.ch/post/27830893647 . Once this is in use
than Spacer objects used within the Frame naturally take on the
background colour so that resolves that issue.

What I'm now proposing do is to build adopt what Denis has done for
Frame to allow me to have an HRFlowable with a background colour - once
I've done that I'll report back but if someone has already got one it
would be be great if you could let me know.

Thanks

Richard.