[reportlab-users] CJK fonts

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Sat Jun 18 01:58:19 EDT 2011

So in generating some documents from UTF-8 text files, most of which are
in European languages, but one is in Chinese (Simplified script), I
discovered that the Times-New-Roman font that I'd been using for the
European languages doesn't contain the CJK characters. So the Chinese
text I have also has some European characters.

Does the ReportLab API provide a way of selecting multiple fonts at the
same time, so that characters not in one font will be found in another?

And any clues when a version of ReportLab will work with Python 3.x?