[reportlab-users] Compatibility with Windows 7, 64 bit

Paul Keating Paul.Keating at nibc.com
Tue Aug 16 07:40:42 EDT 2011

This message happens when you have installed 64-bit Python, but then try to run a 32-bit ReportLab installer.

The 32-bit installer says it can't find Python, because 32- and 64-bit apps don't share the same registry space. Windows 64-bit redirects registry calls to HKLM\Software from 32-bit apps to a subtree HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node.

This is a good thing, because 32-bit and 64-bit apps can't call one another's DLLs either.

There is a 64-bit ReportLab installer: I know that because I have downloaded it, and used it, and there is a copy on my install server. It's called reportlab-2.4.win-amd64-py2.6.exe.

But I don't see it on the download page.