[reportlab-users] Pypi package incorrect

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Mar 5 10:05:12 EST 2010

On 5 March 2010 14:52, Mike Driscoll <mdriscoll at co.marshall.ia.us> wrote:

> Some people seem to think that "distribute" is the new thing:

>  http://pypi.python.org/pypi/distribute

Yes, and I have NO intention of putting in ever-growing amounts of
staff time trying to cater to all of them ;-)

I'be just been talking to my colleagues on what we did last time. To
date we have prepared packages with 'svn export', tar, and a script
which applies some python-version-specific packages. For the PyPi
distro we manually created the extra file it needs and ensured it was
in place in the tar file; it then all appeared to work fine for
easy_install.

If it makes things better for other tools, we are happy to switch over
to (a) using 'setup.py sdist' and (b) changing the naming convention
of the archive and the top-level directory inside it.

- Andy