[reportlab-users] Spreadsheet Table

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Feb 23 10:13:00 EST 2010

On 23 February 2010 15:06, Robin Becker <robin at reportlab.com> wrote:

> As the length of the numbers change the footer row height varies;

> splitting now requires a search with repeated evaluation of the footer row.

This is the general weakness in Platypus: it does a single forward
pass and we cannot easily say "that didn't work, let me go back a page
and try again....".

A LOT of things get easier when colWidths are given. Similarly, if
we allow extra rows to be introduced on splitting (repeatRowsB?),
maybe we should require that they have an explicit height declared by
the programmer. I imagine this would work for 99% of real world
cases.

- Andy