[reportlab-users] [Jython2.5.1] issue: Invalid method Code length 656615 + patch proposal

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Feb 10 15:59:24 EST 2010

2010/2/10 Raphaël Valyi <rvalyi at gmail.com>:

> I rather call that a failure, but everybody can judge of course:

> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3146/

> As you see, pretty far from the 5x fanfare announcement at the start of the

> project...

I hadn't seen this - I had been looking for their Q4 release notes to
appear. Fascinating document.

Personally I am very impressed that a small team has produce a very
correct new implementation in such a short time. They still think
5x is achievable, they just had to spend more time on other issues
than planned. Hey, even Google has project overruns.

- Andy