[reportlab-users] Status of Python 3 port?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Feb 5 08:56:13 EST 2010

On 5 February 2010 08:28, Henning von Bargen <H.vonBargen at t-p.com> wrote:

> I think this is actually the main problem.

One of them. The problem is there are other things we want to
break/change too, mostly at the Platypus level.

I had not seriously considered doing our 'clean break' BEFORE the
Python-2-to-3 move, but if people like the idea it could make sense.
We're about to discuss this in the office.

> Note:

> Once Python 2 compatibility can be given up (that means:

> in ten years or so?), the parameter types can be

> expressed as a syntax element like:

> class Paragraph:

>    def __init__(self, text:text, ...)

I like that a lot. Maybe 3-to-2 could support it, or annotations
could be added as part of the automatic 2-to-3 'batch job' we'd need.

- Andy