[reportlab-users] patch to make Reportlab work again on Jython

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Jan 30 11:16:36 EST 2009

2009/1/30 Raphaël Valyi <rvalyi at gmail.com>:

> Reportlab not usable directly in Jython currently:

> What is your position regarding to this?

It would be great to be Jython-compatible again. We'll take a look
and do this if it's harmless. In return we'd be really grateful
for some feedback or info from you on the level of Jython compatibility
to write about on our site, and maybe some benchmark figures.

The last time we got truly Jython compatible was in 2003. We used
the 'invariant' flag on the Canvas to make
non-time-dependent PDFs, and generated the test suite output from
CPython and Jython, and proved the output directories were identical.
And a Java developer here wrote an rl_accel.java which did the same
as the C module. But nobody has maintained that or repeated the
exercise. Are you using that module, or are you running without
accelerators?

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson