[reportlab-users] pdf417 barcodes

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Wed Jan 7 13:57:24 EST 2009

Dinu Gherman wrote:

> Carl Karsten:

>> No, I meant how were you going to code the reportlab side. mainly

>> passing the (name,email...) to the code that encodes to the barcode,

>> then getting whatever it returns (bmp, ps, eps, etc) into reporlab.

> I see. Well, in the absence of the QRcode sample (I'll keep looking,

> but cannot promise I find it), here you'll find something similar

> I wrote a while ago, and that might be helpful:

> http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/reportlab-users/2007-July/006154.html

Yeah, that. thanks.

I am having trouble following how that works. If it works the way I am guessing
it does, I can see the advantage, but I think I like generating the barcode
outside of the reportlab environment - easier to unit test.

Current plan is to write some python bindings for

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdf417encode/

Or .popen() the existing command line.

Carl K