[reportlab-users] Need to put together a quick script, some basic questions

Pedro pedro100 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 19:33:45 EST 2009

Ok, this is my very first message to this list, I've never used
reportlab's pdf library nor I've red the documentation yet.
What I need to do is this:
take a document with 16 A4 pages and then squeeze them all in two A4
pages, 8 on each side. They should be place in such way that after
printing both pages on both sides of a sheet, I can fold the sheet a
few times, cut the edges, staple them in the middle and end up with a
very little 16 pages book.

My questions are:
-Is this possible to do using this the pdf library?
-What issues will arise?
-Text in general prints very well, is it possible to keep the text
format or do I need to convert to to images?

Thank you.

Pedro