[reportlab-users] Tons of table questions

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Feb 26 16:04:58 EST 2009

2009/2/26 Dinu Gherman <gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de>:

> Andy Robinson:

> I see. Is there a reason to continue sizing cells in vain after

> reaching a frame split?

I just reviewed the code and that's exactly what the longTable option does.

In my opinion this should be 'on' by default (in fact should have been
years ago). Can anyone here see problems if we change this for the
next release?

A better layout algorithm is possible, but would take a week's
work by someone to do it safely, and it's not an internal priority
for us right now. Patches are welcome though ;-)

- Andy