[reportlab-users] Patch for inclusion of CMYK images as CMYK, not converted to RGB

Stevens, Ian IStevens at globeandmail.com
Tue Feb 3 18:07:46 EST 2009

Looks good. I use ImageMagick for most of my images. If you specify a
-colorspace CMYK parameter, it will output a CMYK image:

> convert logo: -colorspace CMYK logo.jpg

> identify -verbose logo.jpg | head -13

Image: logo.jpg
Format: JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group JFIF format)
Class: DirectClass
Geometry: 641x481+0+0
Type: ColorSeparation
Endianess: Undefined
Colorspace: CMYK
Depth: 8-bit
Channel depth:
Cyan: 1-bit
Magenta: 8-bit
Yellow: 8-bit
Black: 8-bit

Also found this simple image online:
http://labs.teppefall.com/cmyk_test2.jpg

Sorry, I don't have anything more definitive. Someone else might be able
to help out with that.

Ian.