[reportlab-users] Further AreaLinePlot bugs

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Fri Aug 7 10:48:09 EDT 2009

Hi,

I think I've found another bug in the AreaLinePlot chart. In the
attached example I'm unable to find a reason for having more tick
marks and labels on the x-axis (7) than slots per "row" in the
data (4).

I'd be very happy for someone able to explain this behaviour to
me. See attached code for further analysis, producing the same
bug for RL 2.2 and 2.3.

Also, it seems that AreaLinePlots require their category axis to
be a ValueAxis (doing mysterious calculations) instead of a Cate-
goryAxis which would also allow simple strings and which would
be also perfectly ok for the general case. The current implemen-
tation seems to accept only numerical values which seems to me
like an unnecessary restriction.

Apart from this I'd like to know how the other bugs I reported
for AreaLinePlot are being handled?

Regards,

Dinu